2023 Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Clinic
As of Sunday, February 5th, we have over 450 of our 600+ members signed up to attend this weekend's clinic at the Madison Mariott... there's still time to get in on one of the best clinics and baseball coaching experiences in America! Click the "JOIN" tab on the Home Screen. Please note that membership registrations will be closed from Wednesday night, February 8th until the Sunday night (12th) after the clinic, but we do accept walk up registrations throughout the clinic at the Madison Marriot West. Join us!
THE LINEUP IS BELOW THE SCHEDULE
Friday, February 11
3:00-3:40 “The Keys to a Championship”-Panel of WBCA State Champion Coaches (Steve Graber, Bill Miller, and Andy Niese
3:45–4:25 “Observations From 100 Years in Baseball”
-ABCA Hall of Fame Coaches Marty Paulsen and Mark Fuller
4:30-5:15 “Hitting is--------? -Ryan Harrison (SlowTheGameDown)
5:20-6:05 “Developing the Baseball Athlete”-John Vodenlich (UW-Whitewater)
6:05-7:20 EXHIBIT and DINNER BREAK
7:20-8:05 “Developing High School Hitters”-Butch Chafin (Cookeville High School)
8:10-8:55 “Understanding the Proper Pitching Delivery and Mechanics”-Dave Wallace (Former MLB Pitching Coach)
8:55-9:20 EXHIBIT AND DRAWING BREAK
9:20-10:05 “Developing the Outfielder”-Tim Leiper (San Francisco Giants)
10:05 WBCA SOCIAL
Saturday, February 11
7:00-8:15 FCA Breakfast
8:15-9:00 “Strategy for Success: Teach to Win” -Butch Chaffin
9:05-9:50 “Implementing a Visual Plan” -Ryan Harrison (SlowtheGameDown)
9:50-10:30 WBCA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING AND EXHIBIT BREAK
10:30-11:15 “Becoming a Complete Pitcher Without an Overemphasis on Velocity”-Dave Wallace
11:20-12:05 “Winning Base Running, Leads, Secondary Leads and Timing”-Tim Leiper
12:10-2:40 Hall of Fame and Honors Luncheon
2:45-3:30 “Questions and Answers with the Speakers” (A great time to cover additional topics and your questions)
- Dave Wallace- A former MLB player and pitching coach for the Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros and Baltimore Orioles, Wallace is credited with helping develop the talents of Pedro Martinez, HideoNomo, and Orel Hershiser among others. An exciting addition to this year’s Clinic.
- Butch Chaffin- One of the Countries top high school coaches, Butch has been Head Baseball Coach at Cookeville High School in Cookeville, TN for over 30 years after a four-year stint as a Division I assistant coach at Tennessee Tech. He has also been heavily involved in USA Baseball and is a much sought after Clinician.
- Tim Leiper- Spent 12-seasons as a player in professional baseball before turning to coaching. After a successful run as a minor-league manager, Tim was the Blue Jays first base coach for five years and now serves as a roving instructor with the San Francisco Giants as base running and outfield coordinator. One of Professional baseball’s best people and coaches.
- John Vodenlich- Head Coach at UW-Whitewater and member of the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame, Vodenlich has helped lead the Warhawks to two D3 National Titles and was NCAA D3 National Coach of the Year on two occasions. This outstanding coach is among the top College Coaches in the United States.
- Ryan Harrison- This Performance Vision Coach is at the top of his field in improving athlete’s visual performance since 1999. He has worked with baseball players from Giancarlo Stanton to Sean Casey and is currently working with the San Francisco Giants and has worked with numerous other Professional and Collegiate programs. The Director of Visual Performance at SlowTheGameDown
- Marty Paulsen and Mark Fuller- Have won 1,100 high school games between them and are both members of the American Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame. The M &;M boys have spoken in 11 States and three ABCA Clinics.
- Andy Niese (Eau Claire Regis), Bill Miller (Denmark), and Steve Graber (CubaCity)- These three outstanding Wisconsin High School Coaches helped lead their teams to State Championships last spring. It was Miller’s second straight.